Welcome to DXPLANET 4.0!
We are in the midst of the global phenomena known as Digital Transformation. In an industrial economy context, it’s known as the Fourth Industrial Revolution or Industry 4.0.
DXPLANET 4.0 serves as a continuous survey across the landscape of what DX means both by industry sector and by the sets of digital technologies that, when applied in various combinations, result in new ways of delivering customer experience, intimacy and collaboration.
Here are some of the technologies we will follow, particularly within the context of how they are being applied within each major industry sector to transform business:
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning (AI/ML), Machine-to-Machine (M2M)
- Big Data, Analytics, Data Modeling and Simulation, Predictives, Self-Actuating/Healing
- The Internet of Things (IoT), the Industrial IoT (IIoT, Internet of Everything (IoE)
- Digital Devices, Mobile and Wireless, Sensors, Actuators
- Everything-as-a-Services (XaaS), Cloud-ification
- Streaming, interactive content, gamification
- Augmented Reality, Virtual Reality, Mixed Reality (AR/VR/MR)
- Robotics, Drones, Autonomous Vehicles
- Nanobots, Microbots, Biobots
- 3D/4D Printing/Additive Manufacturing
- Wearable, Embeddable technologies
- Web 3.0, the Semantic Web
- Blockchain, Cryptocurrency
- “Smart” Everything (Homes, Built Environments, Cities, Energy…
At DXPLANET 4.0, we are focused on how these technology sets are applied to reimagine business models and create new understandings of value creation.We are less concerned with, though not unmindful of, the compute and telecom infrastructure that enables all this, so are covering them as they are clearly essential to any notion of DX at scale. As an example, we know that quantum compute and 5G wireless and 400gb/s networks are important breakthroughs that will accelerate DX. We’re keeping our eye on them..
Most importantly, we want to tell the stories arising from the DX experience. And we want to hear your stories, your experiences and observations, as well. Write to us at [email protected]
Founder, Chief Curator